Types of Financial Aid Available at HSU

Hardin-Simmons University provides multiple sources of financial aid to accommodate each student’s financial need. The Financial Aid office is available to students to answer questions concerning institutional and outside scholarships, grants, loans, and the overall financial aid process. To reach the Financial Aid Office students and prospective students can call 325-670-1050 or email financialaid@movie-map.net.

  • ScholarshipsScholarships are gifts that are typically given for scholastic achievement, but there are many other scholarships for which you may qualify.
  • Grants​ – ​​​A grant is given by the federal government, the state or HSU as a gift.
  • Loans​ – When you get a student loan you receive the money for school now, but you will need to repay the loan later.
  • Work Study Work-study programs allow you to work to help pay for ​​school.
  • Veterans Aid These types of aid can help veterans pay for ​school.
  • Graduate Student Aid – Financial Aid options are available for students seeking a graduate degree.